Zephyr

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Butterball








On Sunday, I had 4 sticks of butter laying on the counter warming up to room temperature so I could make shortbread. Unbe- knownst to us, Zephyr jumped up on the counter and ate all four, wrappers and all. He came downstairs and sat in front of us looking miserable for awhile. I couldn't think of anything that could make him so unhappy, but then again, I didn't know that he had helped himself to the butter. He eventually brought it all up, wrappers and all, at our feet. So, it being this close to Thanks- giving and it being such a turkey stunt, my co-workers have nicknamed him "Butterball".

You didn't really want pictures of the mess, so the pictures are just of him at work this past week. He is currently 8 months old.

He didn't quite learn his lesson. The next night, I had brought a piece of cake home from a meeting, and laid it on the counter. I saw him sniffing the air and set a mousetrap in front of the cake. Later that evening, I heard the mousetrap snap. Zephyr was about 5 feet away and rather uncertain of what had happened. He hasn't taken anything else off the counter for 2 days, so we will see if he's done counter- surfing or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home